Lemoyne, PA  | 717-761-4712

Christian Baker Company - Insurance | Lemoyne, PA Linked-in Google plus Facebook Twitter_Icon color

Welcome to my blog

 

Here you can add some text to explain what your blog is about and a bit about you.

By christainba73588225, Jan 19 2016 06:00PM

Each year, an average of 430 Americans die from unintentional carbon monoxide poisoning, and there are more than 20,000 visits to the emergency room with more than 4,000 hospitalizations. Carbon monoxide-related deaths are highest during colder months. These deaths are likely due to increased use of gas-powered furnaces and alternative heating, cooking, and power sources used inappropriately indoors during power outages.

•Never use a generator, grill, camp stove or other gasoline, propane, natural gas or charcoal¬ burning devices inside a home, garage, basement, crawlspace or any partially enclosed area. Locate unit away from doors, windows and vents that could allow carbon monoxide to come indoors. Keep these devices at least 20 feet from doors, windows, and vents.

•The primary hazards to avoid when using alternate sources for electricity, heating or cooking are carbon monoxide poisoning, electric shock and fire.

•Install carbon monoxide alarms in central locations on every level of your home and outside sleeping areas to provide early warning of accumulating carbon monoxide.

•If the carbon monoxide alarm sounds, move quickly to a fresh air location outdoors or by an open window or door.

•Call for help from the fresh air location and remain there until emergency personnel arrive to assist you.

Please be safe this winter season. Install a carbon monoxide detector in your home. Be sure to replace the batteries, if required, on a regular basis.

By guest, Oct 1 2015 07:34AM

This is the first post in your new blog. To add another or delete this one click the Blog option on the toolbar above.

RSS Feed

Web feed